Monday 31 May 2010

Grasshoppers can go home

I really dislike grasshoppers. They are flippin everywhere. In my room scraping their noisy little knees all night right by my ear, in the the tank when I reach in for some water, all over the shower room just waiting to jump on me. The staff were so enjoying my fear of grasshoppers at the project today, putting them on my shirt. Apparently, they are delicacy where Godwill comes from. I'm all for eating them, anything that involves killing them is fine by me.


On the other hand I have developed a new found appreciation for flushing toilets. Imagine, you just pull a little lever, or press a button or even just wave your hand in its general direction like a wizard and everything is flushed away as if nothing ever happened. So simple. So wonderful. I love them. And I love shopping centres that provide this service free of charge.

I have been in a bit of a whingy mood the last couple of days but it has actually been a really good weekend. I have been watching some DVDs with various people called More Than Conquerers, made by Simon Guillebaud whose books I recommend. We used them for our youth group meeting on sunday and had an epic chat about what following Jesus is about and how it is different from following a religion. Also on friday we had another devotion at home about seeking God's presence and what stuff happens in God's presence.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Shock! Horror! Didn't realise you could be so cruel - poor grasshoppers!!!!

Sorry to hear you're whingy, almost as bad as having grasshoppers around!!!!!!

Take care little one and enjoy the holiday tomorrow, perhaps the grasshoppers will be a little quieter tonight! Love you, Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Family said...

There has been so many grasshoppers lately. The boys counted about 70 in the way into Nakumatt yesterday. They love it! But I am with you...not crazy about the little boogers. When I was a child, I would ride with my grandpa plowing the fields. He would pull the combine up to the edge of the field and I would have to walk through the field, being as tall as I was, and always got pummeled with grasshoppers. YUCK!

Will be saying a pray for you on that front.