Friday 14 May 2010

God is in my house

Just a quick update on the first couple of nights in Kibera. Ashley and I moved over on wednesday and spent the first night cooking Pilau for our new neighbours. The kids particularly were excited to have us around and explore our room, but the parents also are happy that we are coming to stay, although they would like it to be more than a month apparently! It is important to note that I have a 9 year old neighbour called Wireless. Yes actually.

So the first night was all about Pilau and speed scrabble with the neighbours and then not a lot of sleep as we slept in strange beds surrounded by new noises. Before bed we prayed over the room, asked God what specifics we should pray about and what things we needed to repent of on behalf of previous residents. Though we didn't sleep much, I felt quite at peace and not scared which is fairly huge!

Last night Ashley led some devotions for us on why we work with kids and what we can learn from them and we spent some time worshipping and praying together with Godwill and Dishon (my next door neighbours) and Moses, which was a really God soaked time.

I'm blown away by God's perfect timing having Ashley around at this time to share the first couple of days with me. She left of a jet plane this morning but she has been a huge blessing to loads of us and will be so missed!  I'm also pretty excited about some of the pictures God has given those praying for us like of whole armies of angels on guard around our house and compound - not just one or two - whole flippin armies! And light exploding out of the room as we were worshiping and praying last night. Light that was unstoppable and exposed the darkness around. Oisky its pretty exciting! Please keep praying especially for my first couple of nights on my own.

No comments: